Here are 7 signs indicating that your body is deficient in nutrition.
1. Fatigue is one of notifiable signs showing that the body is nutritionally inadequate
2. Get sick easily and recover slowly. Protein is crucial to the immune system, development and body repair cell. As a result, if you haven't eaten as much protein as the body's requirements, the immune system is weak and the body is more susceptible to illness and slow in recovery.
3. Constipation: dietary fibre makes the stool soft, lumpy, and easy to pass and ensure that the intestinal bacteria is of the proper type and number, which help extretory system function normally. One of the leading causes of constipation is a lack of fibre in the diet.
4. Hair loss indicates a lack of protein, essential fatty acids, zinc, iron, niacin (vitamin B3), biotin, and selenium.
5. Slow wound healing is also a sign that protein, essential fatty acids, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, and zinc are deficient.
6. Chills are another sign indicating energy deficiency, which prevents the body from warming up in cold conditions.
7. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) : when you don't eat enough energy, particularly carbohydrates, blood sugar levels will be decreased, resulting in energy deficiency in brain cells. The attention towards particular task is also diminished.
However, if they cannot obtain a nutrient-rich diet or are unable to eat properly, medical food may be a great alternative to help your body acquire enough required nutrients.